30 December 2015

Hi and welcome to JUST AN ESSEX LAD - a brand new blog for 2016



For many days, months and even years I have wondered if I might have a Blog. It seems to me to be a simple way for an old guy of 82 – and approaching 83 at the gallop – to keep himself occupied in his twilight years. Living, as I do, alone I feel the need to write stuff just to prove that there are folk out there, for sometimes as I peer from my lofty garret I can see no one. Although Socks occasionally make his presence felt when he is hungry, which is most of the time.

It is also a means of getting things off my chest in a manner of speaking for I cannot expect that worthy journal, the ILFORD RECORDER, to publish letters from me every week – just every other week is fine, that you very much.

So here we go. And not only am I able to post text but photographs too. So watch out, the Nikon is about. Indeed, to get things off to a rousing and jolly start, here is a shot of my three offspring (they are hardly children anymore!) with me in pensive mood (it often takes me thus) on the beach at Bude in Cornwall last summer. Graham is wearing the hat. Heather looks, well, like Heather and the Norwegian on the right is Richard.