26 March 2016

The Passion of Jesus - Trafalgar Square, London, Good Friday, 25th March 2016





















The Passion of Jesus, staged by the Wintershall Charitable Trust of Bramley, Guildford, was an inspiring and moving experience on a warm and sunny Spring afternoon. The photographs speak for themsellves - starting on Palm Sunday, through the Last Supper and betrayal to the cruicifixion and the resureaction with Thomas greeting Jesus. Earlier in the Day I experienced a wondertful interpretation of Stainer's Crucifixion at the Savoy Chapel, with a choir of 20 boys and eight adults Brilliant. I arrived at Trafalgar Square for the last hour of the first performance where the Cardinal of Westminster Cathedral spoke, and then found a place standing behind a ballustrade of which I was able to lean for the nexrt three and a half hours! I had an early night! But how fortunate I am to be able to explore all these wonderful things in London - all for free!