19 February 2016

Overheard in Waitrose

Personally I am an Aldi shopper - but visit Sainsbury's once a month for two or three things Aldi do not stock. I was directed today to a Facebook page with conversations overhead in Waitrose. Here is a selection. They made me smile - and I guess one member of my family who only goes to Waitrose will smile too, for he has a sense of humour.

Overheard in Waitrose a couple of years ago; one woman to another: "This recession is really hitting hard. We've even had to stop drinking wine with dinner!"

 'I've just seen someone in the car park driving a Ford Focus. I do hope they're turning around'

Overheard in Waitrose Fulham on Sunday: 'I'm not going to lie Daddy, but I really prefer the Waitrose in Belgravia.'

Last weekend "It's Saturday, what do you mean you don't have any gorgonzola picanté?"

Two people having a heated argument at the front of local store.
One said 'I know I am right, I'm a solicitor' .To which the second calmly said 'So am I'
Boom!
 
Overheard in Waitrose:
Mum: Oh just watch my bag
Son: We're in Waitrose not Tesco

 
"Sebastian do stop sulking...they just don't sell pot noodles"
(Sebastian was about fifty!)

 "Did you know that that woman down the road votes Labour, and she's got an AGA!"

Lady looking at the reduced bread, "Oh look dear this will be perfect for the peacocks"

 "David, the hens only eat Waitrose kale and you know that."