10 May 2018

Kew



















Yesterday I spent at Kew Gardens - a perfect spring day with warm sunshine and green everywhere. Travel is easy - on the London Overground from Stratford, itself a pleasant ride through Hackney Wick, Islington and Action. One day I will get off at a few of these stations and explore. I love the talk from the station at Kew - through a side street with some really grand houses.

The restored Temperate House was open for the first time this week after five years of renovation - which are yet to be finished outside. It was not too warm - being temperate. I climbed to the roof for a splendid view. The hothouse was just too hot - but the water lily house was good. 

I bought two plants for the garden - and must go out plant them now that the sun is shining again after the light rain in the night.