4 May 2018

The garden at 7.15am on4th May




Yesterday George spent six hours in my garden doing all the things I have wanted to do for days - but just do not have the stamina to cope with anymore. I can do the potting up and the bits of cutting back but digging and the like is just too much for me. It annoys me no end, but Heather says I have to accept this is a fact of life and get on with it. 

The first photograph shows the Clematis in Anup and Anju's garden next door.  I used the long camera lens Graham gave me - the plant is just magnificent. I will try it again when the light is better - all these shots were taken from my office window at 7.15am today.

The second shot shows Socks’ friend - Socks at that moment was under the shrub where he has his hiding place.

The final shot is the garden. You will see Socks’ tail at the bottom left hand side as he moves into his hiding place. George did a terrific job cutting back - I need to sort out some of the pots. If you look carefully you will see that the tub seats are now revealed once more - near the greenhouse. Later in the day I will take some shots down there to show just what a change there is. I can now walk on the pathway and sit on the tub seats again! The wildflower garden is out of sight but is a blaze of colour. Hanging basket frame near the house is ready for the tumbling tom tomato plants which are still i the greenhouse. The bench seats need to be oiled and I have new heathers for planting down near the tub seats.

Have a good day!