12 October 2018

London


















Yesterday I spent the day in London - it was the day four years ago when Yvonne passed away. I went on the Docklands Light Railway to Greenwich (I have never been that way before - often coming home from there - so I did not realise that I needed to alight at the Cutty Sark Station and NOT Greenwich!). Then a salad lunch in the indoor market, a boat to the Tower, a bus to Trafalgar Square and then back to St. Paul’s for Sung Eucharist. Lots of walking in between of course. I have not been to the Eucharist at St. Paul's before at mid-week - most evenings at 5pm they have Sung Evensong. So I was surprised when the incense came out and was blown all over those of us in the front row under the Dome! We have incense at St. Paul’s at one or two of the Christmastide services - unsure which ones now (and I ought to know!).

It has been a difficult week. On Wednesday - the day four years ago when Yvonne came home from hospital for the last time - I went to Suffolk for the funeral of Stella Fletcher - a friend for over 60 years. I spoke the Eulogy.

Greenwich indoor market found me with the camera out - and again at the Tower of London.

Life goes on and I count my blessings every day - a warm home, a loving family, good friends and my health. And Socks is always pleased to see me on my return.