6 March 2019

Let battle commence!

Having been part of the team that fought off the threat of an all-weather racecourse in Fairlop Waters County Park and the gravel haul road trashing through the Country Park here on the very edge of London’s green belt, and will now see off the descent of the London Markets on Hainault Farm, I am now facing another major battle - against Mr Squirrel (or even Mrs Squirrel for all I know).

Recently sparrows returns to my garden. So I invested in new bird feeders for the front and back, and Chris gave me some special bird seed. The sparrows came back - but then Mr or Mrs Squirrel spotted the chance for some free food. Not only did he (she) take the seed, but he (she) knocked the feeder off the bird table and very nearly smashed it - twice. I have foiled him (her) now - but wiring the feeder onto the table so that he (she) will not be able to take it down. That will teach him (her)!

Watch this space! The sparrows have not returned - yet . . .