17 June 2018

Letter!

Today I have posted the following letter to Sir Christopher Robert Chope OBE MP at the House of Commons. 
Dear Sir Christopher,
I am incensed, saddened and utterly disgusted at your action on Friday 16th June 2018 in blocking the private member’s bill, the voyeurism (offences) bill.
That it is even necessary and vital that such a bill should pass into law without delay is an indictment of the totally unacceptable behaviour of certain members of the community. But what is even more worrying is that your appalling, degrading and inexplicable action has sent out a message that ‘upskirting’ is perfectly acceptable.
I write with a daughter, daughters-in-law, a granddaughter and a great granddaughter, and as the retired elected Bench Chairman of Redbridge Magistrates’ Court. I have spent a lifetime respecting the human rights of both women and men. 
I respectfully request that you make a full and public apology for your disgusting behaviour. You will note that I am copying this letter to the Prime Minister and my MP. I trust that if you fail to apologise, as I anticipate from your past record, that the Prime Minister will have the whip withdrawn forthwith and that you will be dismissed from your political party and prevented from standing for parliament at any time in the future. You are, Sir, a disgrace to our parliamentary democracy.