10 September 2018

Life changes . . .

I have a new iron - for ironing! The old one started to play up. First, it blew the fuse in the plug. Then it blew a fuse in the fuse box under the stairs. Then it stopped when Daphne was doing the ironing (I do the tea towels, the handkerchiefs and the pillow cases). I do not know how old the iron is for Yvonne had it before me.

Heather suggested I buy the same iron as she has - a Tefal Access Easy in red and cream. Very smart it is too. I started using it today and discovered that if I press a knob at the front it shoots water all over the thing being ironed. What fun! Furthermore, if I move one of the settings it allows steam to emit from the base. Even more fun! I cannot wait for the handkerchiefs to dry on the washing line in the garden.

If you had told me four years ago that I would have fun on a Monday morning with a new iron, I would have suggested you got lost! Sad really but life changes, with new challenges. My apple and blackberry crumble seems to be going down well locally. I must try one for myself for I have a good few in the freezer.