1 February 2019

Enough!


I have reached the point where I can no longer keep quiet. I am proud to be British. I am proud to be a European. I voted Remain because I have lived for some 85 years in my country of birth, where the green fields have not seen a war or a battle for decades. I lived through World War II and I would not wish those years on anyone - family, friends and those I am never ever likely to meet.

I have wonderful neighbours in a multi-cultural community. My recent hospital experience would not have been possible without NHS staff from all around the globe. Over the years the Boris types have told lies about the EU which newspapers bandied about as true. Sadly, too many folk read the gutter press and believe every word in print.

l have subscribed to THE NEW EUROPEAN since the first issue - and have some of the early copies in a filing cabinet behind me as I write. Today's front cover - reproduced here - says it all.

Some of my friends who read this will disagree with me. That is their right. I remain a firm European. I did not believe the falsehoods and plain lies that the Leave campaign put about.

I pray that BREXIT (what a horrible word!) will not take place. I also pray that Boris, Rees, David and all the other characters who have lined their pockets at the expense of the public and could not care less if we starve - will go away and leave us alone, chomping on their ill-begotten gains. They belong in the Victorian era of Dickens et al.

I fear for a future led by the BREXITEERS. I pray for the good of our wonderful country and its people.