21 September 2016

A day in London
















I decided to have a day out today. Off to the Docklands Railway! The second shot here always make me sad. It is of the old Bryant and May factory when the Matchbox Girls worked in Victorian days - many died from sulphur poisoning. Today it is luxury flats. At Borough Market I met Peter Hopkins and his charming wife. Peter has his photographs of Valentines Park published in the ILFORD RECORDER - he made a comment about the paper not being the same unless I have a letter or photograph in there! Nice chap - good to meet him at last - there is a shot of them here. I bought some cheese at the Alsop and Walker stall - the posh man on the right made a lot of fuss trying different cheeses but did not buy! I have bought cheese at this stall before. I bought the one on the left - most have some for supper! I also bought a pork and stilton meat pie and some crunch bread - and I had a two sausage baguette with onions for lunch in the market! I enjoyed the singer- and have his card. I must send him a photograph. Wish he had sung The Streets of London - should have asked him!