2 September 2016

I fear I might have lost it - if I ever had it, that is!

I lost my reading glasses in the middle to the night. Well, not exactly, but I woke at 4am and went to the desk - but no reading glasses. I searched everywhere - and went back to bed. Up at six - again searched. Found an old pair in a drawer. Searched again. Had breakfast. Picked tomatoes. Sorted bins for the bin men. No glasses! Did some work at the iMac. No glasses. Then I had a brainwave. I last had them when I got into bed last evening. I changed them for the distance pair to watch TV for a few minutes - so they must be in the bedroom. I looked everywhere. No luck. Then I spotted an electric wire under the bed leading to the bedside lamps. But it was not an electric wire - it was the cable for my glasses that I have to hang round my neck so that I do not lose them! I fear I may be losing it or perhaps I have already lost it. Bring on the two men in white coats! Where is the nearest care home!