24 December 2016

Happy Christmas!


I went to London on Friday afternoon - to St. Paul's Cathedral for the Christmas Carol Service. I arrived at 3pm for the 4pm start. The queue started at the West end main steps, would along the north side to the east and back to the south - from where this shot was taken. There must have been 3,000 folk in front of me! Stewards said we might just about get in - but still folk added themselves to the queue which must have then caught up with itself going round. At about 3.30pm the queue started to move, but ground to a menacing halt as four struck. Fifteen minutes later I was inside, standing at the back until a seat appeared and I was ushered forward by a steward who probably thought it best to sit the old boy down before he keels over! I could just see the pulpit. As ever it was an inspiring, moving service with a clear message at the end of a disastrous year that we should not give up but strive to make the world how it should be - put the evils of BREXIT and TRUMP behind and trust in God's redeeming love, but work to make it all happen. Happy Christmas!