8 December 2016

I do not wish to boast but . . .

I do not wish to boast, but I have just completed the brass, copper and silver cleaning in time for the festivities, when family members are likely to visit and will look to see that standards are being maintained. The first session was on Monday - two hours for the stuff in the hallway. Today I started at 10am and finished just before 5pm with an hour for lunch and a lie down!
The day started badly. I woke - as I do - at 3am and thereafter dozed, but the night seems exceptionally long - and even Socks noticed this for at about 5am he started to get rough with me - leaping on the bed and making his annoyance crystal clear, jumping, pouting, talking- so that I rose at 5.30am. I noticed that it was light outside and when I reached the dining room, the grandfather clock told me it was - 7.45am! The battery in my bedside clock had run down! Indeed the refuse collectors were outside, but fortunately I put things out last evening.
I am now able to relax - well sort of relax. For MASS lasts six months and the next clean will be in July.
The lights are in the porch with festive plants and the crib but the front garden needs sorting with lights, Myst get that done ere long - and a neighbour wants me to do her door knocker for her!