12 May 2017

I am still making Christmas Cards!

I am still making Christmas Cards! And because I like to listen to music whilst doing so, I racked my brains to find something that I would enjoy - now that the sun is out in my garden. I went back in time to 1967 - before you were born Cedric - and hearing 'A white shade of pale' in South Kensington played on an organ by a good friend. I googled on YOUTUBE and this is what I found. It is just magic and has sent me back to that time in my life when I moved from the City of London to South Ken to edit The Scout Association's national magazine - a move that changed my life. This version made in 2006 is the best - although still not quite as good as the original. I never could understand the meaning of the words and do not want to do so - which is probably just as well. I just like to voice sound and the tune - and the choir in 2006 is magic too.

To find it take this link: Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, live in Denmark 2006 - YouTube