1 May 2017

Sunday morning in London












Sunday morning in Columbia Road Flower Market, not too far from Liverpool Street Station - but buses on diversion meant I had a good walk too! The flowers and the aroma - well, it defies description on a cool morning at 9am (I left home at 8am). I bought two pineapple plant bulbs and three herbs - I wished I could carry more!
On to St. Paul's Cathedral for Sung Eucharist. The preacher was Revd Canon Roger Royle, Chaplain to the Lord Mayor of London and the well-known broadcaster. His thoughtful sermon was on the theme of the unexpected. The purple flowers are outside St. Paul's.
Over the road at the top of Cheapside a brass band was playing. I learned these are all students at the Goldsmiths School of Music. They were playing all round London on Sunday, raising money for the charity MIND - they had a bus round the corner!
London is always full of surprises. I am so lucky having a Freedom Pass and my health to enjoy these. I wanted to go to Fairlop Waters too - but I was just too tired in the legs so I came home to do a bit in the garden!