21 June 2017

6am in the garden on the longest day - 21st June 2017











A few shots from the garden at just after 6am today! It is cool with a slight breeze. Magic! Tomatoes in flower - I have some green ones too. The second from last shot is Big Black Mama - the bulb came from Barcelona - I think - Graham and Danielle brought it home for me last year! I dried the bulb in the greenhouse over winter, The last shot of African Sky - a Salvia. I bought the plant at the RHS Hampton Court Show at this time last year - and have some good cuttings coming into flower too. I have a red and white one in the front garden - common name is Hot Lips! The original plant in the ground was cut back by my gardener friend last year - and I thought it had died - but a week or so ago I spotted a flower and a green shoot. Good job I also have a fine cutting in flower in a pot.