17 June 2017

Borough Market in action again!








Today I went to Borough Market which reopened a day or so ago after the tragic events on London Bridge and in the Market itself. It is my favourite London Market and one I try to visit a number of times each year. At Christmas I splash out - with tangerines in white wooden boxes for without these my sons say it is not Christmas! But today I went to see Mrs King on the Melton Mowbray stand and bought a pork pie which I will have with salad for a few days now. Mrs King told me that she sold all her stock on the fateful Saturday, went home and found out about the attack next morning. But she has lost over a week's sales since then. Other traders were not so lucky, with goods rotting on their stalls till they were allowed back. I bought a piece of Sussex Brie - another favourite - and a baguette for I love the smell of fresh bread! The last shot is of the Chegworth Farm stall where I bought two boxes of strawberries which the young man told me had been picked the day before on their farm in Kent.
After some shopping in Ilford (Including buying two packs of double cream) I took the strawberries to Heather and Rob's home in Chigwell. Heather bought Rob a barbecue stand for Father's Day so tomorrow we will have a barbecue lunch followed by strawberries and cream - what else!