19 September 2017

A tale of Ilford

I am back from  shopping in Ilford. But I must tell you what happened!

First I went to Boots the Chemist to stock up on Berocca, the food supplement and energy release tablets which also improve mental performance - and I need a lot of that!  Richard, my youngest son, recommended these to me so I have one every morning - for I always do what Richard tells me. But I wait till they are three for the price of two, which they were today. I also put a box of Vitamin D tablets in the basket - a lady who knows told me that I need to take these now that I am 84 as they will help my bones - and, again, I always do what this lady tells me for she knows, you know!    

At the pay desk the lady told me that I could have another Berocca and one more Vitamin D - for the same price! Thus Berocca was four for the price of two and Vitamin D two for the price of one. How about that! So back I went and returned to the desk with my additional stuff. As the lady at the desk had been so kind, I told her I was 84 - and she stood standing there in amazement. In fact so amazed was she that she called another lady over so that they could both have a good look at this old chap who owes it all to Berocca and Vitamin D.

Spotting that there were some fruit bargains outside, I bought some grapes and peaches - all to be cut up, boxed and frozen later today - and then went in to Lidl for their Chicken Kiev, some butter (to make apple crumble for freezing) and a freshly baked baguette for my lunch. Here I was accosted by a tall man who knew my name. “I am Gareth,” he told me. “You featured on my DVD when the fruit shop on Ilford Broadway was threatened with closure.” And indeed I did! “I came to your home with a copy of the DVD,” said Gareth and then  asked how I was - and I told him. He too stood in awe and amazement at my age and how fit I look - which was all a bit embarrassing as I stood standing there in the middle of Lidl with ladies and gentlemen rushing  y with the bar gains. The DVD incident was some eight years ago he told me. We could have chatted all day - but life has to move on so I bade him farewell. 

Off to Poundland (A Mars a Day Helps you work rest and play), then to the Bank and Wilko - the latter for Treats for Socks as Shirley gave him a month’s supply in a week while I was in Norway for she spoils my cat something dreadful. 



And here I am back home - but I had to tell someone so now you know. Have a good day!