3 September 2017

To Borough Market - where else!




I went to Borough Market last Wednesday for three reasons. First, to buy some fruit from the Kent Farm stall (the Discovery apples are delicious and taste like the ones my dad grew in our garden back home!). Second, to buy a set of the postcards by Rosie Brooks in aid of the Market Trader Support Fund and thirdly to see the new drinking water fountains. These have been installed to encourage visitors to fill up plastic bottles with fresh water rather than throw the plastic bottle away and buy a new one. Soon Borough will produce their own reusable plastic bottle for this purpose - and I will buy one or two of these as gifts for folk who I know take water with them. And I bought a Melton Mowbray Pork Pie from Mrs KIng for my dinner on two evenings - but Mrs King does not like me taking her photograph so for once I did not do so!