18 January 2018

There's the dustbin?

Today is refuse collection day. Last evening, as usual, I moved the dustbin with sacks inside to the front gate area together with the two recycling boxes. As it was windy I placed a flower pot - large plastic one filled with bulbs - on top of the boxes.
Gales in the night. Wind could be heard against the bedroom windows. I went out at 6.45am to remove the black sacks from the dustbin to aid the men - to find that the dustbin had gone! The lid was in the garden - but no dustbin. One sack was in the gutter so I rescued that. 
The flower pot was on the garden - soil and bulbs tipped out. The top recycling box had lost all its plastic bottles - just one glass bottle left. The paper and cardboard box was intact.
The wind continues to blow mightily so I will wait till light to go looking for the dustbin. If you see one, let me know!
That's a first!