11 April 2018

Green collection!



Last week George came to help me in the garden. The trellis fence behind the greenhouse - which is all of 40 years old - collapsed in the winter winds into the next door garden. George filled four large green bags and five small ones - and here they are in the front garden for today is Green Waste Collection Day in Aldborough Hatch.

Well done Redbridge Council - for listening to we gardeners and dropping the small plastic bags scheme for which I paid £50 last year. This is a great service - I just hope that the collection does take place today for the bags are making access to my front door a problem!

The second shot is a shrub in my front garden which is now in flower. It was a gift last year on my birthday from Ruth - but I have mislaid the tag and do not know what it is called. I would like to know - can you help? The Fritillaria Imperialis is in full flower as you will note.