23 April 2018

London Marathon 2018
























The London Marathon on Sunday 22nd April was run on one of the hottest days in April. I walked from St. Paul's Cathedral at about 12.30pm to Blackfriars and after sussing out things, I found the best position for photography - right over the runners and leaning on a parapet. I have concentrated on some of the fun runners - from the man running as a tree to the lady in a yellow dress and the brown bear. How they coped with the heat is beyond my understanding, but the crowds along the route were such a great encouragement. A lady standing near me had a pair of hand-clappers - made of plastic I would guess - which she used to great effect without having to clap her own hands, whilst a steel band further along the route kept the bystanders entertained. Great fun!