22 January 2017

Great day!

I will be brief - for I am fair worn out (but nowhere near as tired as Heather, Rob and Ken most be after their trojan work to get me up and running). Suffice to say from 2pm till 9pm they worked their socks off! I now have a permanent line to the boiler upstairs, a temporary line to my iMac and two fully functional power points in the kitchen - the latter means I can use the toaster, microwave and washing machine/iron - and as the result of Rob bleeding all the radiators and Ken sorting out the timing, I now have hot radiators like I have not had for months and a towel rail in the bathroom that is so hot you dare not put your hand on it! Socks is now in - and rolling on his back in glee - having been out all day! I ill ring Tom the plumber in the morning to ask him to sort out the shower.

Ken will be back in 10 days’ time to sort out what needs to be done. I have to admit that my heart sank at one stage when I saw that they had virtually dismantled one side of the kitchen - but it is all back now. Richard and Graham have been on the telephone to keep up to date with all that has happened. The small bedroom is now the dumping ground and the lounge is out of bounds but otherwise Socks and I are OK.