8 August 2017

Tea towels - again!

Today I have washed three towels and some ten tea towels. And I can understand your concern so I will hasten to add that I am now on the Tea Towel and Towel Washing Rota at St. Peter’s Aldborough Hatch. My decision to join  this illustrious band of pilgrims is simply because I learned to my horror (and yours too, I would guess, Cedric) that many ladies hereabouts do NOT iron their tea towels. At least when I am on rota the tea towels will get a good ironing!

The ironing took place this morning. There is some question as to whether or not all the tea towels are tea towels for they could well be towels - but I decided that when in doubt they should be ironed and ironed they were! All this means that for the St. Peter’s Summer Lunch next Sunday the tea towels will be crease free and sparkling!

The St. Peter’s Church Hall tea towels are a motley bunch. I enjoyed the Butterflies of England (noting that it was made in Ireland) and leaned much about Derby and its Cathedral. Others were less enlightening, but a joy nonetheless. Speaking personally I have some interesting tea towels. One gives me the shipping forecast areas around the British Isles, another spells out the delights of Hereford Cathedral, one tells me about goings-on in the North East and another (that I bought with my own money and gave to Yvonne) is all about her home town of Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast. So, Cedric, I am sure you will see why it is that I enjoy ironing tea towels for I learn something every time I do so.