7 August 2017

The London Overground Line to Kew!
















If you have not travelled on the London Overground Line, you have not lived! 
I boarded the train mid-morning at Stratford, journeying through such exotic places as Hackney Wick, Gospel Oak, Homerton and Hampstead to Kew Gardens where the colours blew your mind away. 
The hothouses were just too hot for me and the camera lens steamed up - but there was so much to see and enjoy - including the structure new this year. This is The Hive where living as a bee in a hive is simulated in sight and sound. I was amused to see trees propped up - just as we have done in the Cuckoo Hall orchard. 
The rose garden and the rock garden were my favourite places. But I could not resist buying a plant or three - one new lavender and two salvia that I have not seen before plus some wildflower seeds for the wildflower meadow.
I will go back to the London Overground Line - but next time I will alight at some of the stations and have a wander around before getting back on and dropping off at another station down the line. I could spend all day doing this - and it does not cost me a penny with the Freedom Pass! Gospel Oak is a must, surely!