14 August 2016

Columbia Road Flower Market















Columbia Road Flower Market in Bethnal Green - approached from Liverpool Street Station - was bustling at 8.30am when I arrived on Sunday 14th August - it is only open on Sundays. Hoteliers were coming away, armed with cut flowers - the aroma was just stunning. I bought a foxglove (a colour I do not have so I will save the seeds), a large pineapple plant bulb and a spring bulb the name of which I have forgotten (buy I now what it is like!). My foxglove is second from the left in  the shot here - a light pinkish colour. The lad attaching a sort of cling film to the rear of a stall told me that this was to stop thieves taking plants! He was very busy! Thence to St. Paul's Cathedral for Sung Eucharist, where there was some amusement as I guess it might have been the first time a foxglove has been taken in to a service! Then to Valentines Mansion - great day!