30 August 2016

Post Bank Holiday Mode!

I am in post-bank-holiday mode! And especially post-Notting Hill Carnival Mode!

Saturday was the Olympic Park, Sunday St. Paul’s Cathedral and the West End (the latter by bus as it rained!) and Monday the Notting Hill Carnival. Heather drove me at 8.30am. We arrived home at 1.30am next day! It is a long story - but I stayed on the float - mainly on the roof but sometimes downstairs. The route was shortened - and the crowds massive with no barriers for most of the way so that we crawled through crowds. All good natured - lots of fun. A great Day. The music was loud - and not a single Petula Clarke track all day! What is the world coming to, I ask myself? But I am a bit tired - to say the least! I will sort out the 390 photographs and have a quiet day!

Take care! I did!