3 August 2016

The garden is being prepared for The Children's Society Coffee Morning on Saturday 6th August





Work is being carried out at a feverish pace as we prepare the gardens front and rear for The Children's Society Garden Coffee Morning and Bring & Buy Sale on Saturday next, 6th August. This event - an annual one - has been run here for some years by Yvonne and I have carried on the tradition. But it means that work has to start well in advance for we cannot have folk thinking that standards have fallen. The brass, copper and silver cleaning is behind me - it took two days but with MASS I only do it twice a year. The garden at the front is more or less sorted - for some plants have had to be replaced and refreshed. Now work in the rear is in ernest. I filled four green bags with cut stuff and the frog pond has been sorted - well sort of! I jet cleaned the patio in front of the summerhouse - and mighty clean it looks too. I have yet to hoover the summerhouse and there are other tasks still to do. But I am getting there. Cakes and biscuits purchased - off to Aldi on Thursday to complete things! Great  fun! And the forecast is for sunshine - wow!