10 August 2016

Exploring East London











Good day exploring some parts of the East End of London. Bus to Wanstead, Central Line to Bethnal Green, bus to Broadway Market, walk in London Fields and along Regents Canal, bus to Ridley Road Market, walk and marvel, bus to Holborn, bus to Mile End, Central Line to Newbury Park, bus then walk home! Fascinating!
The shots here were taken at Broadway Market and on the Regents Canal - I bought a loaf of seeded bread at the shop with the young ladies outside - and chatted to the couple on the barge, who told me that they move on every two weeks and have been on all the canals in London. With my Freedom Pass, the day cost me less than a fiver - and I enjoyed seeing London from the top of many buses, even managing a front seat on the 25 from Holborn!