4 August 2016

Garden nearly ready for The Garden Ccoffee Morning!




Not entirely ready yet, but these shots of the rear garden - taken from my office window at 7am this morning - give you some idea of how things are looking., The patio in front of the summerhouse (shed-with-the-overhang) was given the jet treatment yesterday and things are getting there slowly. The cushions for the benches will not come out till the sun shines on Saturday morning. I need to take the hoover to the carpet in the summerhouse and give the windows some sparkle too! We (Socks and me, that is) look forward to greeting lots of folk on Saturday at the Garden Coffee Morning and Bring & Buy Sale raising funds for The Children's Society, one of Yvonne's special charities from 10am to 12noon. Sue will be in charge of the raffle (it is said that when two or three are gathered together at St. Peter's there shall be a raffle!), Jennifer, Shirley and Shirley will be looking after the coffee, tea, soft drinks and cakes, while Val will oversee the Bring & Buy! Linda will be selling my NOTELETS with new photographs taken in the garden over recent days and one of Socks rolling on his back in delight. I have decided not to include one of me rolling on my back - I fear it would not sell! And Chris will be generally in a supervisory role. What a team!