6 March 2017

Seedlings are going well!


Just in from the greenhouse. Here are the first seedlings potted up. All tomato - from the left they are Minibel, then Tumbling Tom Yellow, in the next tray Moneymakers and then up on the top more Tumbling Tom Yellow. There is one - just one - TT Red! The rest did not germinate so I have ordered more seeds online - shops do not seem to stock them round here anymore. 

The Moneymakers are for the Community Garden and possibly some Minibels too if there is room in the raised beds. The TTs are for hanging baskets. Orders may be placed - now! Cannot promise but will do my best.I have ten hanging baskets to fill with the tumblers!

In the propagator I have Foxglove seedlings - from the plant I bought at Columbia Road Flower Market last summer. I dried the seeds and the seedlings are about a quarter inch high - about 15 have taken!   It is Digitalis Purpurea ‘Sutton’s Apricot’ Foxglove. How about that then!

I think I need a lie down!