8 April 2017

All my MASS distorters are now yellow!

Following a number of sessions spread over three days, the brass, copper and silverware is all now cleaned and polished. Yvonne used to say that there was a feeling of deep satisfaction when this task is accomplished - and I can now understand what she was on about. However, I am starting to think that I would willingly forego this pleasure - but perhaps not!

All this is so that on Monday - when I am promised the decorating will be finished - I will be able to return the rooms of this house to some semblance of normality. Heather has been a great help in making this happen and so has Rob. But before I retire this eveing I must run into the rear garden to test the setting of the light which comes on when there is movement. Ken set it for about 10 seconds. Rob has changed the setting. Rob believes this will give me sufficient time to reach the shed-with-the-over-hang and return in brilliant light at night! I have to test this theory and report back.

I use MASS for the cleaning, which lasts for five to six months, unlike Brasso, which meant cleaning every two months or so.

I discovered MASS at Lakeland at Stratford Westfield - Yvonne's favourite shop. Yvonne used to say that she would only spend a fiver and invariably came out forty pounds short of a penny! But the odd thing is that Lakeland have now discontinued the product, so I buy it online at Amazon. And here is the crunch. It is delivered in Lakeland packaging! So what is going on?

As I write I can see 15 dusters fluttering in the breeze and drying on the washing line in the garden. Some are the traditional yellow dusters; others are not. But all are now either bright yellow or have a touch of yellow. But they are all MASS dusters so why worry?

The other task today (after watering and fertilising the 4,000 or so bulbs in St. Peter's churchyard) has been clearing out the what-not-drawer in the kitchen. I guess you have one of these, Cedric. It contains batteries, string, screwdrivers, matches and all those things you might need one day but rarely do. At least it is now tidy and lots of stuff that I have never seen any use for was binned. But I have four things which mystify. They are small with wooden handles and metal spikes. I will show them to Heather tomorrow. Heather will now what they are for.