20 April 2017

Yesterday in Parliament





Last December I asked Wes Streeting, our MP, if I might have a ticket for Prime Minister's Question Time. The ticket was for yesterday! 

I was tempted to sell it on eBay but decided against.

It was fascinating! Suffice to say that the Eagle drew her claws whilst the Dove retained his dignity.

Security was so tight I thought they might want my birth certificate! Armed officers everywhere. One lady of 40 years or so dared to take a photograph with her mobile near me in the public gallery. The security man called her out and told her she would be excluded from the House forthwith if not before. I guess she might have been take  straight to the Tower of London or even thrown into the Thames, such was the ferocity of the security man in dealing with this misdemeanour of such seriousness! I feared for my life, I can tell you!

Debbie sat beside me and was a great comfort as the fiasco took place before our eyes - and that was just amongst the MPs! After the charade with the lady and her mobile I wondered if I would ever see Aldborough Hatch again!

But Wes Streeting sent Debbie a text so we met him in the Central Lobby for a brief tour - as he was off to sort out the Treasury Committee who have had their work suddenly curtailed.

My shots are outside - I know my place! The tents are on College Green where the media have set up camp!

Later I met Paul who treated me to a Cream Tea in Dean's Yard. I felt better after that!

Thanks Wes, Debbie and Paul for making a great day out! Much appreciated.