26 November 2017

Autumn into winter


There is something magical about the autumn as winter draws in. Today I emerged shiverring just after 9.30 from the Central Line at St. Paul's station to walk to the Cathedral through Paternoster Square - when I was confronted by a blaze of sparkling colour in St. Paul's Churchyard. It just hit me in wonder. Fortunately I had my mobile with me so I was able to record the moment, avoiding the pavings of Paternoster and walking instead through the leaf-strewn ancient churchyard. It is not the best photograph of St. Paul's but I am sure you would have to admit that the colours of the leaves on the trees are stunning. Like many of us, I would guess, I have my doubts and fears but this morning as I looked upwards I had to believe that there must be a God who made a sight like this possible.