29 November 2017

DVD-player-less!

Earlier today a lady friend - who wishes to remain anonymous for good reason - called to see me. Whilst here she very generously offered to help me to make the DVD player work. 
I have lots of DVDs - most of which Yvonne purchased - but I have no idea how the DVD player works.
On our hands and knees for a few minutes, the lady asked me if I had the instruction booklet and to my utter surprise I found it in the magazine rack! Fifteen minutes later neither of us were any the wiser for the booklet seemed to be written in such a way that only someone with a first class honours degree in mathematics could begin to understand.
I would dearly love to watch some of those DVDs - for a number are classics of comedy. But until someone appears who understands how DVD players work, I fear they will stay where they are.