17 November 2017

Off air!

I will be a bit off air for a day or so. The St. Peter's Christmas Market takes place on Saturday and I will be busy on my stall selling Christmas cards and noteless with photographs taken locally and around London. I will also be selling copies of my book 'Aldborough Hatch - The Village in the Suburbs - A History' - I have some 39 copies remaining of the 2017 revision and reprint - I do not anticipate another reprint for at least ten year - if I live that long that is (and I would be 94 and a right miserable old boy I bet!).

Hope to see you there bit if not you van always purchase by directly contacting me.

Did you know (and I doubt you did Cedric) that in the 1940s, the St. Peter's Christmas Market was known as the annual 'Sale of Work' - for that is just what it was - all stuff handmade! And are only had the back hall - with the Revd and Mrs Byng in the middle with a long stall selling all sorts of bits! Happy days!