8 July 2018

First afternoon on The Milk Float

















1











This afternoon I journeyed on The Milk Float to go Scouting (the new name for my mobility scooter) on Fairlop Waters. The heatwave was at its height but a cooling breeze across the lake made it very pleasant to be out and about. I might have been able to walk here - just - but would not have been able to walk back - so it is the opening of a new era for me. The shots speak for themselves - but unless we have some rain soon the blackberry crop will be poor - plenty of berries but so small. I had to tell some children to stop chasing the Canada Geese near the boat house - their parents got angry with me until a man came along and said he would deal with them. As he was of the same culture I left it to him. This was the only sad moment of the afternoon. Folk both walking and cycling called out to me and were smiling. But I must get an 'L' Plate from a garage tomorrow! That will make 'em laugh. . .