24 July 2018

Questions!

I have almost completed the brass, copper and silver half-yearly cleaning. A happy hour this morning on the silver - although unsure if it is real silver!

Some questions arise.

(1) What did I do for the Girl Guides of Cheshire that enabled them to present me with a silver spoon with their emblem?

(2) Why did Scout camp sites - such as Gilwell Park (Happy Land!) make presentation items such as ash trays and spoons?

(3) I think of Tynemouth - and Colin and Shirley and many great characters - when I clean the brass key to the 14th Tynemouth Headquarters - I opened their brand new Headquarters back in the 1970s! The Mayor at one time ran a fish and chip shop and had the Mayoral shield outside her shop for a year! Could only happen in Tynemouth. 

(4) Canadian spoons remind me of Jim and Phil - editor of the Canadian Scout magazine. 

Happy Days! Fond memories.