27 July 2018

Ready!












It is just 9.30am and the garden is ready for the Garden Coffee Morning tomorrow in aid of The Children's Society. I have worked early mornings and evenings to avoid the heat of the days - we have been advised not to go into the sun between 11am and 3pm and I always do as I am told! This morning I have cleaned the fountain and power washed the patio in front of the summerhouse (shed-the-with-the-overhang). Now I am making a few more notelets for Linda to sell as she sits inside the front door. These will have some of the photographs here. We cannot get more up to date than this can we. The jollification runs from 10am to 12noon tomorrow - after which I will probably lie in a darkened room for the next week. (Only kidding!) The raffle will have all the usual items - wine, potted plant, chocolates - but in addition small bags of home-grown Tumbling Tom Tomatoes in both red and yellow varieties - hand-picked from the garden. And as visitors wander round they will be encouraged to pick any ripe tomatoes and eat them.