4 April 2016

The porch is sorted for the summer






I have sorted the Porch at 37 for the summer! On Saturday I spring cleaned - three hours including cleaning the windows, sorting out the sliding doors with WB40 and vacuuming the carpet (removing spiders!). Then to B & Q for some new plants – African Violets, a spider plant (which I have split) and two ferns. The Christmas orange trees are in the garden and may revive for next Christmas.
Sunday I was in the greenhouse, repotting the bought plants. I have potted up some Minibel tomato plants – they grown to about 9inches with a cherry-type tomato and could do well in the porch. I have also potted up some bush Fuchsia – I bought the plug plants in Stewarts at Christchurch when visiting Graham and Danielle in early March. I will pot up the trailing plug plants soon too.
Richard will recognise the grey pot and the trough which Yvonne and I bought on a visits to one of the many amazing Nowegian garden centres that Richard took us to see.
This week is all garden. Today I moved the music down to the summerhouse.(I trust the neighbours will enjoy St Paul's Cathedral Choir, James Blunt, Simon and Garfunkel and a dose of Ska!) Then it was all systems go! I find I can do about two hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon.