19 April 2016

The weekly white wash (with Glowhite of course!)


Far be it for me to boast, but as I plod towards 84 at a pace that is best suited to one of my age, I am rather proud of my weekly white wash. So proud, in fact, that at 8.21am today I ventured into the garden in my winter dressing gown and jim-jams to take these photographs. The tea towel is a Comic Relief number which amused me last year. All these items will be ironed ere nightfall and put away to be used in rotation.
The garden is beginning to take shape. I have spent two hours each morning and the same time in the afternoon over the past ten days or so. Given continued fine weather the rear garden should be sorted by the end of this week when I will move to the front. Yvonne's white lillies died back over the winter and are now springing up where they may be seen in the foreground. Last year we had over 60 blooms and hope for the same this year. The pond is sorted - thanks to Graham from Ramsgill, who who showed me how to open the electric box he fitted last year on the fence! New weed from Roger is giving the four goldfish a variety of food.
I guess Yvonne will be pleased to see the white wash!