24 February 2017

Bluebell Chocolate Forest


I am back from the Bluebell in Chigwell where I was entertained to lunch by a generous and kind lady of 96, in the company of another lady (whose age I dare not reveal). I say I am back - but I have been for the past hour or so for I had to have a lie down when I reached home in the mini-cab (as I gallop towards 84 I find this is necessary from time to time).

I mention this because I had an excellent meal which was topped by the most amazing dessert (pudding or sweet, depending where you are from). It was titled Bluebell Chocolate Forest. Served on a wooden platter, the centre piece was a mushroom of meringue on an ice cream stalk, with fresh fruits in generous portions. Delicious! I did not want to eat it at first, thinking I might bring it home and preserve it in some way. But I finally gave in.

I thought you would like to know this!