15 February 2017

I planted the tomato seeds today!

I have planted to tomato seeds today. Tumbling Tom Red and Yellow in three seed trays plus Minibel and Moneymaker in one seed tray. All in the heated propagator in the greenhouse at the end of the garden. The sun was shining when I stated, then the rain came lashing down, but I had the fan heater blowing up my trouser legs so I was OK. 

I also planted the Foxglove seeds, saved from the plant I bought last summer at Columbia Road Flower Market and some other wildflower seeds - the name of which I have no idea - but I picked a head from somewhere and dried it! 

I must check each day to see how the plants are coming through - for they can run wild if you leave them in the propagator when they need pricking out and potting up.

Having ventured into the garden today, I must now make this a regular thing - sorting out the pots and the corms I have dried and those that I left in the pots - checking if the latter are still alive after the frosts.

Roll on summer!