17 August 2018

Choir from Barbados










On Thursday evening I joined Jenefer, Clare and Steuart for St. Paul's Cathedral's Lates - when photographers are positively welcome (normally photography is not allowed). I have been to one of these evenings each year for the past two years - with Graham and with Paul. It was great - but perhaps it was something that took place outside the Cathedral that has stuck in my mind ever since.

I took the usual photograph with a red bus (was else?) but as I waited for my friends, I heard singing. The photographs tell the story and my only regret is that you cannot hear the sound - it was boys and men singing in harmony of the very purest kind.

Jenefer established that the lads were from a school in Barbados, visiting London and singing wherever they went. They look so very serious but were joy to hear. They made the evening even more special.