4 August 2018

Saturday mornings

I enjoy Saturday mornings for the GUARDIAN produces a bumper issue, including WEEKEND, a glossy magazine. I read Tim Dowling first; he is American married to an English wife with three sons - the oldest, the middle one and the youngest. Their exploits at hilarious. This week two ladies appeared to cut the the families' hair - only the oldest was missing.

Then I move swiftly to the Q & A page where someone famous is interviewed. This week it was actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers. One question asked each week is: 'What song would you like played at your funeral?' This week's answer made me smile - having sat though the piece in question: 'An incredibly long one - maybe the entire St Matthew Passion - just so everybody would have to sit in the church for hours'.

Next I move the Blind Date page where two people are invited to a dinner date. This week it was a production assistant of 22 and a nurse of 23. And they got on very well indeed! In fact, I think they may well stay friends or even become a couple. Some weeks things do not pan out very well - which is always a disappointment. But today, all was well!

The I move to the paper and read all the bad news about BREXIT and such like! But the day started well and will go on in the same way.