28 August 2018

More Carnival






















Here are some more shots from the Notting Hill Carnival. Yvonne and I first went to the Carnival some 30 or so years ago. Richard, our youngest son, was about ten. We agreed that is we became parted we would meet up at Notting Hill Gate station at 6pm. Within minutes we were separated! Yvonne and Richard went to the lost children's area - but were told by a policeman that they did not deal in lost fathers! We had a good day - and met up at 6pm.

I believe that was the only time Yvonne went to the Carnival. I went again in 2004 with Heather, Luke and Marlon. I have photographs to prove it - but would be in BIG trouble were I to put them on here today.

Over subsequent years I have been to the Carnival with Rob and Heather, riding on top of the float housing Rob's sound systems. It has been great fun and I have enjoyed taking photographs. Rob went this year but Heather decided to have a break - and she had work to catch up with too. So I went alone and on foot. I have to admit that I was a little nervous for my legs are not what they used to be - and I tire after a few hours especially if I am standing. I left home at 10am and arrived back at 6pm. I guess I stood in one spot for about four hours, although a security guard told me to sit down on a step to a house after about three hours which I did for ten minutes - but photography called! I used the telephoto lens which Graham gave me recently for the first time.I hope my friends will enjoy the shots.