8 August 2018

London's City Gardens or Pocket Parks
















Some time ago I started to visit London's City Gardens - or Pocket Parks as they are sometimes called. My favourite of the Postmans' Park, near St. Paul's Cathedral. A coloured map may be downloaded online - London City Gardens is the link.

Today I resumed the visits by walking from the Tower of London to Blackfriars, along the riverside walk - a distance of about two miles I would guess. I left home at ten when it was a lot cooler than over past days - and the breeze along the river made it even more pleasant as the sun scudded behind billowing clouds.

The first garden was Dark House Walk(I must look top why it is so called), where office workers were starting to eat snacks. The Boot Camp was amusing - with the instructor bellowing orders to the office workers trying to keep fit. Better them than me. Press-ups, jumping onto blocks and running - all carried out in a small space under the sun.

Outside the church of St Magnus the Martyr sat a man barring entrance as a service had just started and "they do not like people walking about". I took the hint and watched office workers sitting on the parched grass in this City Garden.

More to follow!