21 August 2018

To the south of the river

























London today - and this time to the south bank of the Thames. I started out at Tower Hill Station and walked over Tower Bridge. The men practising sword fights in the Tower moat and the padlocks on the wire caging of the bridge were fascinating. City Hall glistened in the sunlight. I walked along the Queen's Walk, through Borough Market (my favourite London Market but I resisted the temptation to browse), on to the Globe Theatre (where I will be with Paul on Thursday seeing 'As you like it'). Over the Millennium Bridge to St. Paul's (and the inevitable red bus!) where I went inside (as a Friend I have free entry at anytime) and there I met with a lady who volunteers on Tuesdays - Yvonne and I worked with her at the Redbridge Night Shelter over many years. I would guess I must have walked a good four miles for my legs were beginning to give up. The 26 bus to Liverpool Street and a Radio Cars minicab from Ilford Station home - I really could not have walked another foot when I land on my front door! Socks was pleased to see me. A wonderful day - from 10am till 5pm - in warm sunshine most of the way.