30 August 2018

Fence



This afternoon I treated the front garden fence with Red Cedar Cuprinol. I believe that this might be the oldest standing front garden fence in Aldborough Hatch - for it was constructed by me (yes, by me!) when my eldest son was two. Steve from over the road told me to use brass screws - which I did. I have treated the fence with Cuprinol every year - but did not do so last year for some reason. In all those years I have had to replace one top length of timber - on the righthandside as you face the house. One morning we found that a vandal had smashed the top paling. I went to B & Q to replace this and on my return Babs Sinclair called to apologise. Babe, who was in her 80s, had fallen and smashed the top paling. I told her that she was the oldest vandal in town and Babs laughed all the way home to 43 Spearpoint Gardens.
And in case you wondered, the fence is 52-years-old.